Pacific Transcription is now certified with Cyber Essentials!
We are proud to announce that Pacific Transcription achieved the Cyber Essentials certification.
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed scheme that assesses an organisation’s capability in preventing the most common internet-based threats.
We live in a world that is highly dependent on technology and the internet. Unfortunately, this puts everyone at risk of cyber-attacks. Without proper prevention systems in place any organisation is vulnerable.
The most common types of threats are hacking, phishing, and password guessing. What makes these threats so dangerous is that they can be carried out by almost anyone, not just expert hackers.
As a transcription company, we not only need to protect our clients’ personal information, but also the confidential documents they entrust us with. This is why we took it upon ourselves to get certified. We want our valued clients to be confident that their data is safe in our hands.
Cyber Essentials addresses the most common threats, through a comprehensive audit of an organisation. To achieve certification, we needed to demonstrate proper implementation of the following technical controls:
- Malware Protection – Malware protection safeguards computers against viruses used to mine information.
- User Access Control – Not everyone should have the same access to everything. For instance, administrators should have a much higher access than the other staff members, and access should be relevant and appropriate to job position.
- Firewalls and Internet Gateways – Firewalls are a software or hardware that protects the internal system against the outside world.
- Software Patch Management – All software must be up to date with latest updates and patches. Out of date software and operating systems increase vulnerability.
- Secure Configuration – The standard configuration that comes with a computer is not always secure. It is important to configure each individual computer.
While these technical controls are a fantastic base to prevent cyber-attacks, Pacific Transcription is always looking to improve. Technology and the internet are always evolving and so should our cyber security methods. This is why we will be completing the ISO 27001 certificate in early 2020.
ISO 27001 has a strong focus on implementation, maintenance and continual improvement. With both these certifications we hope our clients will continue to feel secure and trust us with their sensitive data.
Contact us today to find out more about our Cyber Essentials certification and how this benefits you!